The EU-funded project XR4ALL and the 3IT are pleased to invite entrepreneurs, innovators, researchers and thought leaders in the field of Extended Reality (XR) for medicine, rehabilitation and healthcare to attend the XR4ALL workshop focusing on current challenges and the future of XR in the health sector.
This one day workshop will focus on current challenges and future developments in the following application areas:
- Medical training and learning
- Diagnostic and pre-operative use
- Intra-operative use
- Post-operative use and rehabilitation
The workshop will consist of keynotes and inspiring talks from leading experts in the field as well as an interactive part, where participants can actively contribute to the discussion about the future of XR in health.
The workshop is free of charge upon mandatory registration and will be conducted in English.
The XR4ALL project is a first initiative by the European Commission to strengthen the European XR/immersive technology industry and to accelerate its growth, connecting startups, companies, researchers and investors (angels, corporates, and VCs) active in XR. The main objectives are:
(1) create a pan-European (XR-tech) community
(2) discover existing EU XR technology
(3) develop a research agenda
(4) award grants for innovative technology projects
(5) increase investments & tech transfers to help products reach market
The workshop has three main objectives for participants:
(1) to provide a state-of-the-art overview on recent technology development and applications
(2) to give a network opportunity for members, stakeholders and innovators of the XR community in the health sector
(3) to shape a research agenda that will feed into the upcoming next framework programme Horizon Europe by the European Commission
The event will be of particular interest to:
- researchers from academia and industry
- representatives from hospitals and associations from health sector
- XR experience and technology developers from industry, SMEs and start-ups
The rapid outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Europe and the travel restrictions already imposed by many companies impact the programme and attendance of the XR4ALL workshop “Current State, Challenges and the Future of XR in Health”, scheduled on 20 March 2020, hosted by Fraunhofer HHI and 3IT.
As a consequence, the Programme Committee members regret to inform you that they have decided:
– to cancel the event scheduled on 20 March 2020,
– and postpone the event to a later date to be determined.
We understand that this may cause inconveniences to the participants who planned to attend, but we remain confident that the decision will be understood and shared considering the exceptional situation in particular when health is at stake.
We would like to thank you for your interest in the workshop and hope to see you when the event has been re-scheduled. You will be immediately informed as soon as a new date agreed.
On behalf of the program chair Oliver Schreer and coordinator of XR4ALL
Maria Ott – 3IT manager