2018 is almost over and it is the time of retrospects. Our Partner Reallifefilm can proudly look back on an eventful year.
Here is a little insight:
- As part of several German media delegations INVR.SPACE had the great opportunity to travel to Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal and Tel Aviv – trips full of fruitful networking! Moreover, reallifefilm international and INVR.SPACE were invited to China to give a keynote on K-Lens and the research project VVOW – Volumetric Video Workflow.
- Back in Karlsruhe, Germany reallifefilm international had the chance to present VVOW and its latest technological achievements about creating holograms and stories in 6DoF at Beyond Festival.
- Experiencing Basketball Bundesliga live and in 360°? INVR.SPACE made it possible and supported Telekom with conducting the first live broadcast of a Bundesliga basketball match. On 09 December the 360° stream in 6K resolution was available via the Magenta VR App.
- INVR.SPACE for its part did not only support this year’s VR Now Con & Awards as a main sponsor and hosted its Cinematic VR Movie Theater but also enjoyed taking part in several vibrant panels. Additionally “Sorcerer’s Apprentice”, reallifefilm’s interactive volumetric video experience produced in cooperation with VVOW partners Trotzkind GmbH and Frauenhofer HHI, was nominated for the VR Now Technology Award – so proud!
- Within the frame of Most Wanted:Music and its Hybrid Musik:LabSPACE installed the Immersive Media Exhibition which let attendees experience a selection of staggering audio-visual performances designed especially for VR.
- Our docu-fiction My Identity Is This Expanse!, a film and an installation about a refugee child, receives funding of the FFF Bayern. This project will be co-financed by Film Fund Luxembourg and the art forum Casino Luxembourg. My Identity Is This Expanse! is a co-production between the Luxembourgian production company a_BAHN and our brand-new Bavarian branch.
- This years Sana Fest was reason enough for INVR.SPACE to head to Brazil one more time. Furthermore, INVR.SPACE stopped by in São Paulo to offer, in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut and SPcine, a workshop on 360° filmmaking.
- Thanks to funding from the Robert-Bosch-Stiftung. Afroroutes director Selim Harbi went on a research trip to India where he could meet protagonists for the next shooting stage, which will start in January!
- As the EFM’s official technology partner INVR.SPACE is already excited about again hosting the VR Cinema during the Berlinale 2019. Don’t miss out the opportunity to present your company profile and VR creations! Submissions of your 360° VR projects are warmly welcomed – preferably until the end of the year. For further information, prices and submission details please contact .